We all know that hiring people is a calculated risk. But how do you “calculate” the risk? How do you minimize that risk? What are the best tools at hand to help you get it right – before it’s too late?
In fact, some hiring managers would be better off flipping a coin to decide if it’s hire or not-hire. At least there is a 50% chance of getting it right.
A coin is just so much better than trusting your gut or falling for the candidate’s dance when they turn up speaking in perfect English, professionally dressed and is super prepared for the toughest of interviews.
If you say that someone looks into a crystal ball, it means the person is trying to predict the future. Crystal balls are traditionally used by fortune-tellers.
4 things to measure to improve your hiring quality
Imagine you could assess the personality and behaviour of your candidates on the following four dimensions. Imagine you could get a score between 0 and 10.
- Follower or Leader
- Introvert or Extrovert
- Impatience or Patience
- Flexible or Structured
Do you agree that such an insight would be a tremendous asset to have when you are trying to understand the candidate’s personality?
What is a Follower and a Leader?
- A Follower is agreeable, accommodating, collaborating, working well in teams.
- A Leader is driving the business agenda, making an impact, taking control, competitive.
From Introvert to Extrovert
- Introvert characteristics: Leave me alone, analytical, provide me time to think.
- An Extrovert is talkative, enthusiastic, great networker, a hunter, and very convincing.
From Impatience to Patience
- An Impatience person responds positively to pressure, needs variety in the job.
- A Patient candidate is most comfortable with familiarity, loyal to the company, hates changes, and prefer a “don’t rock the boat” routine.
From Flexible to Structured
- The Flexible person adapts well to new challenges, improvises, shifts strategies easily, and is best with no rules.
- A Structured person is concerned with formality, accuracy with attention to details, framework as in policies and regulations.
Introducing your crystal ball – it can be yours
Why do groups struggle to work together? Why is it so difficult to coach and motivate employees to work at their max capacity to achieve business goals?
These are all questions you’ve probably asked yourself before. People are extremely complex.
The science-based methodology of The Predictive Index® allows you to understand what drives workplace behaviours so that you can ensure alignment, drive your team’s success, and achieve your business objectives.
Email me now and learn more – and get a free test
Give it a try. Contact me for more information.
Get a 30-minute online demo on a video conference call. Test it yourself for free – of course.
Email me: email@example.com
Tom Sorensen (Thailand) Co., Ltd. represents Humanostics in Thailand, a premier Certified Partner of The Predictive Index.
Free webinar: What is psychometric assessment all about
Join the 7pm (ICT) webinar and learn about how psychometric and cognitive assessment can do absolute wonders for your hiring, talent acquisition, personal improvement programs, team alignment, and other HR development activities.
More information about the webinars, here.